The need for OSHMS response to benefit client-organizations in pursue an benchmark for
occupational health and safety management, such that through assessment provides issuing a certificate of registration. ILO-OSH-2001, Loss Control, and OSHMS ISO 45001 is compatible with
ISO 22000, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 in ways contributing to control and compliance 29 CFR 1910, 1926, Z-10 and similar other.
OSHMS for Loss Prevention Control, OSHMS ISO 45001, requires that organizations address:
- Development of Policy for Occupational Safety & Health
- Requires planning of the OSHMS
- Implement and Operational Controls
- Verification and taking necessary action
- Management reviewing the results to assure adequacy and effectiveness,
- Pursuing continual improvement, and
- Integrate into the business continuity strategy
BRS has benefited organizations in construction, chemicals and distribution with an integral Loss Prevention Control program. Our
accreditation focus on protection of community and consumers while exercising due-care, as we do not operate on a mere conformity array.
BRS OSHMS Registration
BRS OSHMS propitiates flexibility in certification as organization can flow from ILO-OSH or other OS&H programs onto ISO 45001, in the
U.S.A. the regulatory requirement is based CFR 1910 or 29 CFR 1926 for construction, as in each given country applicable laws.
Assessment results are verified by EAA professionals. Further, OSHMS may well be part to an integration with QMSMDD ISO 13485, QMS
ISO 9001, FSMS ISO 22000, EMS ISO 14001, ISMS ISO/IEC 27001, BCMS ISO/IEC 22301 or other business objectives beneficial management schemes.
OSHMS is a teamwork effort, it is expected that the duties and responsibilities do not rely in a unique function or individual, as OSHMS needs to address:
- Planning - set forth implementation of occupational safety and health initiatives set by executive management, requiring a policy
appropriate to the nature of the activities, and addressing legal requirements as it carry over to programs improving performance;
- Doing - setting and implementing the stage for establishing, maintaining and improving risk related occupational safety and health and carrying over benefiting stakeholders, and which is "auditable";
- Verifying - through objective verification evaluate the performance of the occupational safety and health against planned agreements, criteria and legal requirements;
- Acting - Executive management review and act on the performance of the occupational safety and health initiatives, which includes,
among others, effectiveness of the policy, objectives, verification results, and raising opportunities assisting the organization to improve its overall performance.
HAZMAT, HAZPOWER, DOT, EPA and OSHMS; OSHMS (and ISO 14001) contribute to the effectiveness of the controls necessary to the likes of...
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(e), and for construction 29 CFR 1926,
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 (Confined Space Entry and Work requirements),
- DOT 49 CFR 172.704 (Hazardous Materials Transportation, Labeling & Placarding HM-181, 126F, 215A&B,
- EPA 40 CFR 262.34 & 265.16 (Hazardous Waste Management), and
- requirements others needing for your organization abiding to regulatory requirements